Supervised and sponsored by the Wharton Social Impact Initiative, Wharton Africa Growth Partners (WAG) is a student-led organization working to increase investments in African SMEs with the potential to offer positive social and economic returns on the continent.
Through WAG, select Wharton students source investment opportunities, conduct due diligence, and provide technical assistance to promising companies.
wHAT WE OFFER
We provide assistance in sourcing and conducting due diligence for targets where extensive efforts are often prohibitively expensive, due to small deal size, limited data, and inaccessible geographies.
We provide access to institutional knowledge on remote due diligence methods, proprietary research on trends and targets, and an informed view of the investment landscape.
We are an entry point for an extensive network of experts, intellectual capital, industry professionals, and prospective talent.
TARGET CLIENT CRITERIA
- Local business in Africa seeking $50,000 to $2,000,000
- Contributors to inclusive and positive social and economic growth
- Promote the Wharton core values
- High growth potential
- Need external investment for growth
THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- Market sizing
- Country/Sector analysis
- Valuation Analysis
- Comprehensive due diligence
- Connections with the Wharton network
- Additional research and support services as requested
FOR INVESTEE COMPANIES
- Connections with Wharton resources
- Business model and strategic support services
- Investor presentations
- Valuation analysis